From what we understand Kono may end up fighting Kameda in October as opposed to August if issues regarding Kameda continue to hit snag after snag, and if the WBA are willing to wait. The alternative is that Watanabe Gym, the team that back Kono, will request a change of opponent with an agreement to fight Kameda in Kono's second defence.
Although a decision on Koki's transfer to UNITED is expected later this week there is every chance it could continue to be dragged out.
We hope that Kameda's transfer goes through as expected as we would love to see a fight between Kameda and Kono. Though until the issues are sorted we do understand why Kono would look elsewhere to make the defence if the WBA will allow them to do so.
(Image courtesy of Watanabe Gym)