Both sources state that Watanabe Gym have requested permission from the WBA to fight a voluntary defence in November rather than have their man wait any longer for Kameda to sort out his career and secure a gym transfer.
It seems however that our sources have received conflicting news of what the WBA have said.
One of our sources has said that the WBA have refused the request and will be ordering purse bids in October. This would almost certainly see Kameda bidding to take the fight outside of Japan due to his ineligibility to fight at home. This would leave options available for China, Macau, Philippines, Korea or even Thailand if TBS will back Kameda's bid. If TBS won't back the bid it would leave the USA or Mexico as possible venues. If Watanabe gym were to win the bid it would likely force Kameda to pull out of the fight and try to renegotiate for a title fight when he gets a gym transfer.
Our other source has told us that the WBA have accepted the proposal by Watanabe Gym and will allow Kono a voluntary bout in November. The winner of that bout would then be told to defend against Koki. This would allow Koki to sort out his issues and also allow Kono to return to the ring soon rather than keeping him pre-occupied whilst this situation gets dragged out further.
We're awaiting to see how the story to develop though hopefully it won't be dragged out any longer and the WBA will more the logical decision, though of course logic and boxing doesn't seem to work hand in hand very often.
(Image courtesy of Watanabe gym)