What that means is that our regular bits and bobs, such as a full ranking updates, are limited for this month, however we will bring you the key changes of interest for the rest of this months rankings, starting with the WBC who have a number of interesting changes in their rankings this month.
- At Minimumweight we've seen Ryoichi Taguchi claim the #14 ranking. Taguchi is now one of two Japanese fighters in the top 15 with Ryuji Hara (#4).
- It's at Light Flyweight that we now find Akira Yaegashi with the former Flyweight champion now at #3 in the rankings. With Yaegashi's stablemate Naoya Inoue expected to vacate there is a chance that Yaegashi could find himself in a title fight sooner rather than later.
- Roman Gonzalez's win over Akira Yaegashi has seen Gonzalez become the champion at Flyweight and helped move Nawaphon Sor Rungvisai into the #1 spot. Due to the changes in the division we've also seen "The one man Highlight Reel"™ Koki Eto move to the #15 spot.
- Although we've seen no ranking changes at Bantamweight we are glad to repeat the new that Shinsuke Yamanaka will be facing Suriyan Sor Rungvisai in a mandatory title fight in October. Our story on that bout can be found here.
- Super Bantamweight has seen great news for China as Qiu Xiao Jun has jumped form #15 all the way up to #8. There was also a small move up the rankings for Yukinori Oguni who is now #12.
- OPBF Featherweight champion Hisashi Amagasa #7 has been boosted a couple of places up the rankings whilst his compatriot Satoshi Hosono, now #12, has done likewise with a 2 place move.
- At Super Featherweight we've seen Thailand's Jomthong Chuwatana climb into the rankings by taking a #15 place. This is following Jomthong's recent win over Koseki Nakama.
- Lightweight has seen a number of changes at the top, including the promotion of two Teiken fighters Jorge Linares, who is now #1, and Takahiro Ao, who is now #3.
- Filipino Dennis Laurente has moved one place up the Light Middleweight rankings to #13.
- Japanese Middleweight Ryota Murata has moved up 1 place in the rankings and is now ranked #11. This comes following his win over Adrian Luna Flores.
- Russian pair Murat Gassiev, #11, and Dmitry Kudryashov, #14, have both moved up one place.
- Divisions with no major changes are Super Flyweight, Light Welterweight, Welterweight, Super Middleweight, Light Heavyweight or Heavyweight.
(Image courtesy of the WBC)