Japan's ultra-highly regarded Kosei Tanaka (9-0, 5) [田中恒成] will be returning to action tomorrow as he defends his WBO Light Flyweight title against Thai visitor Palangpol CP Freshmart (14-1, 8) [คู่เอก พลังพล ซีพีเฟรชมาร์ท] in what looks like an interesting match up, especially giving the Thai's long and well established Muay Thai background.
For those interesting in odds the bout is regarded by the bookies as a very one-sided mismatch. That's shown in the fact that Tanaka, the betting favourite, is best priced at a frankly unbackable 1/33, with some bookies actually having him as a 1/50 favourite, which is totally insane given this sport is pretty unpredictable at times, and Palangpol, like Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, is a relative unknown outside of Asian boxing circles.
Given the insanely bad odds on Tanaka it would be fair to assume that Palangpol would have attractive odds. Sadly however he's best priced at just 12/1, a disappointment given how impossible it is to bet on the defending champion.
The draw, for those interested, is priced at 33/1.
For those interested a Japanese fan site have ran their poll and the majority have favoured Tanaka, who got 92.5% of the votes, with the other 7.5% going with Palangpol and none going to the draw.
Tanaka defends against Palangpol!
(Image courtesy of boxmob.jp)
News! We try and give you the most interesting news stories from the Asian boxing world!